National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai
NITIE has achieved significant milestones in the course of its progress, Since its inception in 1963. Sincere and dedicated pursuance of the objectives encrypted at the beginning, has led it to register itself as a pioneer educational institution and a peerless one in the field of Industry specific researches and teachings.
NITIE is an autonomous body under the Ministry of HRD, Government of India and is governed by a Board of Governors, comprising of eminent personalities from Government, Academicians and Industry. Over the years it has emerged as one of the best B schools in
The institute conducts a number of Management Development Programs which receive participation from executives of various disciplines. Faculty members of the Institute have presented papers in various International / National Conferences / Workshops. NITIE publishes a quarterly journal Udyog Pragati covering application research articles and case studies. A large number of co-curricular programmes like Lakshya, Prerana, Concept, Samiksha, etc., are conducted for continuous upgradation and development of students. Seminars, Conferences are conducted regularly addressing topics of current technological and academic relevance. Special programs focusing on small-scale industries are floated and conducted to develop and encourage SMEs.
Question on National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Admission Via:GATE
- College Journal:Udyog Pragati
- Gents Hostel:Yes
- Ladies Hostel:Yes
- Faculty Accomodation:Yes
- Computer Lab:Yes
- Sports/Fitness:Cricket, Tennis, Football, Basketball, Badminton, Tennis Court, Indoor Games, Gym,
- Wireless Internet Facility:Yes
- Seminar Hall:Yes
- Career Management center:Yes
NITIE believes that its students are the cream of the student community and they deserve the best. The infrastructure support it provides to the students is a just expression of this belief.
NITIE subscribe to nearly 220 Foreign & Indian Technical Journals in print format. NITIE have a rich coverage of newspapers, in Hindi Marathi, Gujarati, Tamil, Telegu and English.
Some of the library collections are as:
- Technical books 50776
books P7756 Reading
- Bound Journals J9361
- Hindi books H2161
- Marathi books M714
- Complimentary + free books 740
NITIE is a core member of INDEST alongwith the IIT’s, IIM’s and NIT’s.
Through INDEST we get the following database of online journals, case studies etc:
ABI / Inform Complete
ACM Digital Library
NITIE also subscribe to the following online databases to cater to the needs of faculty:
1. EBSCO (Business Source Premier)
2. Emerald Full Text
3. Science direct –
i) Business Management & Accounts
ii) Decision Science
iii) Computer Science
4. Economic Intelligence Service (EIS)
PROWESS and EIS are databases of Indian Corporate Information and Financials.
The library provides the above resources on its campus wide net work. The library catalogue OPAC is also provided throughout the campus. The library uses the LIBSYS software package for library management.
The facilities include:
-WI FI enabled hostels
- LAN with multiserver using Linux, Windows NT-4.0 and Netware.
- CAD-CAM and UNIX Lab.
- 24*7 INTERNET connectivity through a 2 Mbps 1:1 shared leased line.
- Multimedia Software including QUICK TIME, DIRECTOR, ACTION, PM 6.0, MACROMEDIA FLASH 4.0, ADOBE PHOTOSHOP 5.0, FRONTPAGE 2000, DREAM WEAVER and MAGIC.
- Collection of 3GL, 4GL and other development software’s like JAVA, TURBO C++, VB, VC++, VISUAL FOXPRO, POWER BUILDER,
- Campuswide networking using optic fiber cables from the
- INTRANET, a web-based student collaboration tool that helps in automating workflows and constant synchronous/asynchronous interaction in learning.
- A KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT Server, which serves as a repository of all web-based teaching tools, white papers and tutorials.