Applications on prescribed form are invited by Visva-Bharati, Santiniketan, West Bengal for admission to the following courses of the academic session 2012-13.
* BHASHA-BHAVANA (INSTITUTE OF LANGUAGES, LITERATURE AND CULTURE - Code : 01)
1. Two year MA Courses in Sanskrit; Bengali; English; Hindi; Oriya; Indo-Tibetan Studies; Chinese; Persian; Japanese.
2. Two year MA Course in Functional Hindi (Translation).
3. Three year BA (Honours) Courses in Sanskrit; Bengali; English; Hindi; Oriya; Persian; Tibetan; Japanese; Santali.
4. Four year BA (Honours) Courses in Persian; Tibetan; Chinese; Japanese preceded by one year preparatory course.
5. Three year BA Course in Functional Hindi (Vocational).
VIDYA-BHAVANA (INSTITUTE OF HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES - Code : 02)
1. Two year MA Courses in Philosophy; Comparative Religion; Economics; History; Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology; Geography; Mathematics; Journalism & Mass Communication and MA / MSc Course in Anthropology.
2. Three year BA (Honours) Courses in Philosophy; Comparative Religion; Economics; History; Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology; Geography; Mathematics.
SIKSHA-BHAVANA (INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE - Code : 03)
1. Two year MSc Courses in Physics; Chemistry; Mathematics; Zoology; Botany; Statistics; Environmental Science; Computer Science and Biotechnology.
2. Three year BSc (Honours) Courses in Physics; Chemistry; Mathematics; Zoology; Botany; Statistics; Computer Science.
3. Five-Year Integrated MSc Course in Physical Science
SANGIT-BHAVANA (INSTITUTE OF MUSIC, DANCE & DRAMA - Code : 04)
1. Two year M.Mus. Courses in Rabindra Sangit; Hindusthani Classical Music (Vocal); Hindusthani Classical Music: Instrumental (Sitar/ Esraj /Tabla / Pakhawaj); Kathakali and Manipuri Dance.
2. Three year B.Mus. (Honours) Courses in Rabindra Sangit; Hindusthani Classical Music (Vocal); Hindusthani Classical Music: Instrumental (Sitar/Esraj/Tabla/Pakhawaj); Kathakali Dance; Manipuri Dance; Drama and Theatre Arts.
KALA-BHAVANA (INSTITUTE OF FINE ARTS - Code : 05)
1. Two year M.Fine Arts (MFA) / Advanced Diploma Courses in Painting; Mural; Sculpture; Graphic Art (Print Making); Design (Textile); Design (Ceramic); History of Art (only for MFA).
2. Four year B.Fine Arts (Honours) (BFA) / Diploma Courses in Painting; Sculpture; Graphic Art (Print Making); Design (Textile); Design (Ceramic); History of Art [only for BFA (Hons.)].
3. Two year Certificate Course in Design.
4. Bridge Course (leading to MFA) in History of Art Course (three year [one year Bridge course + two year regular course]) for students from other than Fine Arts discipline.
5. One Year Casual Course for Indian Nationals in Painting / Sculpture / Graphic Art (Print Making) / Design (Textile / Ceramic) / History of Art.
PALLI-SAMGATHANA VIBHAGA (INSTITUTE OF RURAL RECONSTRUCTION - Code : 06)
1. Two year MA Course in Rural Development
2. Two year MSW Course
3. Three year BSW (Honours) Course
4. Four year B.Des. Course (Fee Rs.5000.00 per semester)
5. Two-year Certificate Course in (i) Hand-made Paper Making (ii) Artistic Leather Craft (iii) Batik Work (iv) Handloom Weaving (v) Pottery (vi) Wood Work
6. Short term casual courses in Craft :
(i) Batik & Bandhni (ii) Clay Jewellary (iii) Ceramic Table-ware (iv) Ceramic Tiles (v) Creative Weaving (Tapestry & Hobby loom) (vi) Dyeing and Printing (vii) Glazing and Firing (viii) Hand-made Paper crafts (ix) Leather crafts (x) Natural Dyes (xi) Raku crafts (xii) Wooden Toy Making (xiii) Wooden Table-ware (xiv) Wooden Jewellary (xv) Wood Carving (xvi) Wood Turning (xvii) Book Binding.
Duration of each course : 8 weeks to 20 weeks depending upon the subject requirement.
PALLI SIKSHA BHAVANA (INSTITUTE OF AGRICULTURE - Code : 07)
1. Two year MSc (Ag.) Courses in Agronomy; Plant Protection; Agricultural Extension; Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry and Horticulture.
2. Four year BSc (Ag.) Honours Course.
VINAYA-BHAVANA ( INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION - Code : 08)
1. Two year MA in Education Course.
2. Three year BA / BSc (Honours) in Physical Education Course
3. One year B.P.Ed Course
4. Two year M.P.Ed Course
Refer the prospectus at : http://www.visva-bharati.ac.in/About%20VB/contents/prospectus201213.pdf
There will be an all-India Admission Test for all BA (Honours) and Preparatory courses (except for three years Honours courses in Santali, Japanese, Tibetan and Persian under Bhasha-Bhavana), all BSc (Honours) courses under Siksha-Bhavana and the BSc (Ag.) Honours course under Palli-Siksha Bhavana at centres in the following cities:
Santiniketan, Kolkata, Durgapur, Kharagpur, Siliguri, Burdwan, Baharampur, Bhubaneswar, Ranchi, Patna, Guwahati, Allahabad, Raipur, Chennai, Mumbai ,New Delhi and Agartala. The test will be held on Sunday, 13th May 2012 at the above cities/towns.
HOW TO APPLY :
(i) In person : Prescribed application form and Prospectus (admission kits) may be obtained in person from the under-mentioned designated branches of the "United Bank of India" (UBI) on payment of the requisite fee of Rs.140/- for SC/ST candidates and Rs.400/- for all other candidates.
West Bengal :
Kolkata : (1) Old Court House Street, (2) Shyambazar, (3) Gariahat, (4) Behala, (5) Bidhannagar (Salt Lake City), (6) Burdwan, (7) Durgapur (City Centre), (8) Asansol, (9) Malda, (10) Cooch Behar, (11) Jalpaiguri, (12) Darjeeling, (13) Siliguri, (14) Raiganj, (15) Balurghat, (16) Berhampur, (17) Suri, (18) Bolpur (Bhubandanga), (19) Rampurhat, (20) Bankura, (21) Purulia, (22) Raghunathpur, (23) Medinipur, (24) Contai, (25) Jhargram, (26) Tamluk, (27) Howrah, (28) Chinsurah, (29) Srirampore, (30) Krishnanagar, (31) Barasat, (32) Barrackpore, (33) Baruipur, (34) Diamond Harbour,
Bihar : (35) Patna,
Jharkhand : (36) Ranchi,
Orissa : (37) Bhubaneswar,
Sikkim : (38) Gangtok,
Assam : (39) Guwahati,
Tripura : (40) Agartala,
Manipur : (41) Imphal,
Nagaland : (42) Kohima,
Arunachal Pradesh : (43) Itanagar,
Meghalaya : (44) Shillong,
New Delhi : (45) Connaught Circus,
Jammu & Kashmir : (46) Srinagar, (47) Jammu,
Punjab, Hariyana, Chandigarh : (48) Chandigarh,
Himachal Pradesh : (49) Simla,
Uttaranchal : (50) Dehradun,
Uttar Pradesh : (51) Lucknow,
Rajasthan : (52) Jaipur,
Gujarat : (53) Ahmedabad,
Maharashtra : (54) Pune, (55) Mumbai,
Goa : (56) Panaji,
Madhya Pradesh : (57) Bhopal,
Chhattisgarh : (58) Raipur,
Kerala : (59) Trivandrum,
Tamil Nadu : (60) Madras,
Andhra Pradesh : (61) Hyderabad,
Karnataka : (62) Bangalore,
Pondicherry : (63) Pondicherry,
Andaman and Nicobar Island : (64) Port Blair (Junglighat).
(ii) Online Applications : Application forms, details of the courses, eligibility criteria and relevant information are available at : www.visva-bharati.ac.in. The application fee may be paid to the "VISVA-BHARATI ADMISSION COORDINATION CELL" (Account No. 0826050005012) in any branch of UBI. The online application form may be properly filled in incorporating the transaction ID Number and submitted by clicking the "submit" link. A printed copy of the filled-in form duly signed by the candidate must be sent to the address of the office of the Admission Coordination Cell, Visva-Bharati mentioned below within the stipulated date along with the counterfoil of the bank deposit voucher in original (a photocopy of which may be preserved by the candidate) and a recent passport-size photograph pasted on the application form.
Last Date for submission of Application Form : April 15, 2012
For further details, visit : http://www.visva-bharati.ac.in/About%20VB/contents/prospectus201213.pdf